ACIM Virtual Conference #2: Oct 16-18, 2015
The second annual ACIM Virtual Conference hosted by MiracleShare.org is happening October 16 through 18 and you can register now for this 3-day interactive ACIM event here if you haven’t already. I’ll be sharing about Workbook Lesson 243 “Today I will judge nothing that occurs” in a conversation with Danielle Scruton, one of the organizers of this wonderful event. There will be about two dozen other outstanding ACIM presenters/teachers (such as Gary Renard, Susan Dugan, Myron Jones, Jon Mundy, Dov Fishman and Carrie Triffet, to name just a few) who will also have a pre-recorded 30-minute video (either a monologue – like I did last year about the Double Shield of Oblivion – or a conversation) followed by a half-hour live phone-in Q&A session, along with a chat window where we can further extend the conversation and communion in text form; all great fun! I hope you can join us! If you haven’t already (virtually) attended last years, you can still register, watch and listen to the full conference from last year here until October 2015! No airline flights, rental cars, hotel reservations, etc. needed, either! 🙂
Streaming Academy Classes from FACIM
I recently ‘virtually’ attended (via streaming video) the most recent Academy Class from Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM) from Temecula, California. I’m re-watching (my 2nd re-play viewing after also watching the class live) the 2-day video of the “Finding Joy in a Joyless Place” class which had some wonderful insights from Dr. Rosemarie LoSasso and Dr. Jeffrey Seibert. They team-taught this most recent class and are doing a superb job of carrying on where Ken Wapnick left off in sharing the oh-so-gentle but uncompromising non-dual metaphysics of ACIM. I plan to attend many more, including other workshops and classes in addition to the academy classes.
Earlier this year, incidentally, FACIM was using a different (problematic) video streaming provider, so the prior video streaming experience was technically challenged, but not anymore! This 2-day class video streaming experience worked flawlessly for me. The high resolution and excellent bandwidth audio and video make it almost like being there in the classroom. So now, both the content (which was always great) AND the form are outstanding! All highly recommended! Here’s the FACIM schedule of classes and events – ALL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – many of which you can attend now via streaming video in addition to in person, if you happen to be in Temecula.
“The Little Willingness” – An Audio Conversation with Susan Dugan
Susan Dugan and Bruce Rawles comment in this video on “The Little Willingness” from text of A Course in Miracles (T-18:IV). More at Susan’s blog, ForaysInForgiveness.com. We talked about the importance of trusting our Inner Kindness Teacher (a.k.a. Holy Spirit, or the Jesus of ACIM) to provide the needed correction to our limited and distorted perception and being willing to release our attachment to thoughts that result in anything but peace. We need to humbly look at our misery with this guidance in order to release our addiction to misery. Our part is very tiny, but crucial in undoing our buying into ego’s misinterpretations.
Upcoming and Recent Interviews / Webcasts / Videos / Meetings / Conferences / Presentations/ Classes / Resources
- The School for A Course in Miracles (SACIM) is offering a “Fundamentals Class” starting September 9, 2015 for 4 Wednesday evenings, 7:00 to 8:30 PM covering course basics like healing and forgiveness with a discount for registrations before August 15. More info and details here.
- If you haven’t already ‘virtually attended’ the 2014 MiracleShare.org Virtual Conference, you still have until October 2015 to do so! Then the 2nd annual 2015 MiracleShare virtual conference will begin, and I’m honored to be giving another presentation (followed by Q&A) again this year, when the theme will use ACIM’s workbook as it’s focus; details forthcoming; mark your calendar now for this enjoyable 3 day event, October 16-18, 2015.
- Gary Renard – Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview … Always great reminders from Gary; an enjoyable extended (2-hour) interview! 🙂
- If you haven’t already discovered the generous gold mine of ACIM resources at the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM) website, here are a few of my favorites, including the Online Learning Aids: the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – over 1300 insightful answers to specific questions, sorted by topic, or chronologically by date (well worth going through all of them exhaustively one or a few at a time), or accessible using a search function. There is also wonderful, profound material in the Lighthouse publications, YouTube video series, Excerpt series, Theory, Annotation and Glossary, plus the schedule of live events held at the FACIM facilities in Temecula, California, and the online bookstore – I’ve listed some of my favorites from Kenneth and Gloria Wapnick here.
- If you’re in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area, check out the new Ken Wapnick Memorial Lending Library at Rocky Mountain Miracle Center; lots of great CD sets, MP3s, DVDs, and movies from the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM); kudos to the staff of the School for A Course in Miracles, Lyn Corona, Tim Wise, Jane Walling and others there for making these excellent resources available for loan… Much appreciated!
- After numerous related metaphysical conversations with David Cohen of LA Talk Radio, we just started a 10-month series reviewing each chapter of my second book: The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation. Here’s the first conversation in that series, reviewing the first chapter “The Question of Identity: Two Thought Systems” which you can download here.
- CA Brooks and I have actually had a more recent ACIM conversation, but I haven’t uploaded it yet – but will do so for next month’s bulletin. Meanwhile, in case you missed it from last month, here’s our recent conversation about “I will be still an instant and go home: a Conversation about Workbook Lesson 182” which addresses the deep nostalgic longing we all feel – however seemingly deeply buried – for the ‘home’ of Perfect Oneness we never left … except in dreams!
- If you haven’t already listened to this interview with Kenneth Wapnick by Kenneth Bok, you might find it interesting and helpful. 🙂
ACIM Resources, Events, Musings – your suggestions and contributions invited!
Please contact us to share anything would like to see here, suggestions for inclusion, improvements, etc. If you have anything ACIM-related that you’d like to share, please send (or send a link) for consideration. This site is (among other things) a venue for conversations, so I eagerly encourage and await more contributions from kindred students of our Shared Teacher of forgiveness and kindness. It’s fun to share our universal interests online; visit ACIMblog pages on FaceBook FaceBook (my personal FB page, which is frequently ACIM-related), Twitter and YouTube. If you aren’t already receiving this automatically in your email, you can subscribe here for free and get daily updates (of any posts made the prior day) via the “post updates by email” Subscribe button on every page. Eternal smilezenhugs to all! 🙂