Workshop: Navigating the Dream with Forgiveness: Our Inner Kindness Teacher’s Dashboard – Sunday August 9, 2015 at RMMC
There are abundant metaphors all around us (including transportation gizmology) that our Inner Kindness Teacher can use to help us mindfully keep on course in our forgiveness classroom. This workshop will explore some of these. 🙂
Workshop highlights/topics covered:
- Our Unconscious Mind’s Classroom as a Windshield/Dashboard/Console View of the dream
- Helpful reminders to assist in putting feedback in a right-minded perspective
- Turning the Tables on Ego’s Interpretations – Using Our Inner Kindness Teacher’s Translations
- Mindfully deciding against self-judgment (which includes judging ‘others’); HS: Kindly GPS
- Utilizing All Indicators/Feedback/Symbols/Metaphors as Thought System/Course Correction help
- The Windshield (Outer Shield of Oblivion) of physical form/propaganda
- Ego’s Default Dashboard (Inner Shield of Oblivion) of victimhood/guilt/blame/sin/fear
- Looking with Inclusion/Shared Interests to Bypass Ego’s Polarizing Feedback filtering/distortion
- Choosing against the insanity of conflicting destinations; remembering the home we never left
- Revealing the Master Switch; Overcoming our Resistance to Unchanging Love/Perfect Peace
Workshop Description: In addition to the topics noted above, the workshop will provide related quotes from ACIM, along with amusing audio-visual memory aids to remind us to not take our journey through the dream quite so seriously, a.k.a. smiling gently at ego’s mis-interpretation more and more frequently.
After-class printed workshop handouts will allow for introspective journaling of one’s personal (special) mental experiences/situations/values/investments to ‘peel off the tape’ covering ego’s dashboard ‘idiot lights’, helping us see that the alarming indicators we were previously afraid to look at disappear in the light of gentle examination with our Inner Kindness Teacher a.k.a Holy Spirit.
Workshop Title: Navigating the Dream with Forgiveness: Our Inner Kindness Teacher’s Dashboard Translations
Facilitator: Bruce Rawles
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2015
Time: 1-4 PM
Location: Rocky Mountain Miracle Center Library
Contact Bruce to register or for more details.
There is no cruelty in God and none in me: a Conversation about Workbook Lesson 170
In this audio program, CA Brooks and Bruce Rawles converse about Workbook Lesson 170: There is no cruelty in God and none in me. This is another segment of CA’s weekly ACIM internet radio program on 12Radio. While not a popular topic, it is one of many challenging-but-so-rewarding aspects of looking at ego’s craziness – without condemnation – so that we can ultimately restore our mind to the love that awaits us beyond ego’s murderous thought system. In fact, when we do NOT take it’s interpretation … of anything and everything … seriously, that’s when we can afford to see the real humor (which we give examples of from ACIM) in the author’s infinitely kind-hearted lampooning of the ‘tiny mad idea’ we’ve apparently all invested in! 🙂
Upcoming and Recent Interviews / Webcasts / Videos / Meetings / Conferences / Presentations/ Classes / Resources / Articles
- If you haven’t already ‘virtually attended’ the 2014 MiracleShare.org Virtual Conference, you still have until October 2015 to do so! Then the 2nd annual 2015 MiracleShare virtual conference will begin, and I’m honored to be giving another presentation (followed by Q&A) again this year, when the theme will use ACIM’s workbook as it’s focus; details forthcoming; mark your calendar now for this enjoyable 3 day event, October 16-18, 2015.
- Check out Lyn Corona’s new website: School For A Course In Miracles! This new (responsive) site combines Lyn’s prior blog (Becoming Learners Together) and the School of Reason site. Kudos to Lyn and Tim Wise, who contribute to this new site.
- Visit the new Rocky Mountain Miracle Center website! If you’re in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area, you might also want to avail yourself of the extensive collection of CD sets, MP3s, DVDs, and movies from the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM) from the new Ken Wapnick Memorial Lending Library, thanks to the efforts of the staff of the School For A Course In Miracles, Lyn Corona, Tim Wise, Jane Walling and others there for making these excellent resources available for loan… Much appreciated!
- If you haven’t already discovered the generous gold mine of ACIM resources at the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM) website, here are a few of my favorites, including the Online Learning Aids: the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – over 1300 insightful answers to specific questions, sorted by topic, or chronologically by date (well worth going through all of them exhaustively one or a few at a time), or accessible using a search function. There is also wonderful, profound material in the Lighthouse publications, YouTube video series, Excerpt series, Theory, Annotation and Glossary, plus the schedule of live events held at the FACIM facilities in Temecula, California, and the online bookstore – I’ve listed some of my favorites from Kenneth and Gloria Wapnick here.
- Article: A story about our innocence; “A Loving King” by Dave Van Dyke. “Knowing that his father’s love for him could not change gave him great courage and peace.” 🙂
ACIM Resources, Events, Musings – your suggestions and contributions invited!
Please contact us to share anything would like to see here, suggestions for inclusion, improvements, etc. If you have anything ACIM-related that you’d like to share, please send (or send a link) for consideration. This site is (among other things) a venue for conversations, so I eagerly encourage and await more contributions from kindred students of our Shared Teacher of forgiveness and kindness. It’s fun to share our universal interests online; visit ACIMblog pages on FaceBook FaceBook (my personal FB page, which is frequently ACIM-related), Twitter and YouTube. If you aren’t already receiving this automatically in your email, you can subscribe here for free and get daily updates (of any posts made the prior day) via the “post updates by email” Subscribe button on every page. Eternal smilezenhugs to all! 🙂