Forgiveness: The Key to Happiness – video conversation and excerpts
Here is a video conversation with author Susan Dugan about her new book Forgiveness: The Key to Happiness. It continues (as her equally excellent prior two books did) with the ‘recurring theme of resistance to taking Jesus’ hand’ and ‘recognizing that I have a choice that will lead me out of suffering but not always feeling able to choose.’ Here’s a link to Susan’s new book. Here’s a prior announcement about the book with a link to her blog, and a prior post with just a small handful of insightful excerpts from the first few pages of this new book.
The Obstacles to Peace – a conversation with CA Brooks
CA Brooks and Bruce Rawles talk about the obstacles to peace in this audio program, another segment of CA’s weekly ACIM internet radio program on 12Radio. We touch on Kenneth Wapnick’s book entitled The Journey Home, which presents a much more extensive treatment of the topic. We talk about the barriers – such as specialness – we have intentionally made to keep peace out of our awareness; these are symbolized in ACIM by trivial metaphors such as feathers, a tiny mouse or a wall of dust. These barriers in our minds are dissolved by our willingness to doubt the usefulness of these ultimately silly attractions to the excuses we’ve made up to keep peace away. The general categories of these obstacles include: the desire to get rid of it, the absurd attractions of guilt, pain and death, the belief that our bodies offer us some sort of value, and even the fear of Perfect Oneness.
Upcoming and Recent Interviews / Webcasts / Videos / Meetings / Conferences / Presentations/ Classes / Resources
- If you haven’t already ‘virtually attended’ the 2014 MiracleShare.org Virtual Conference, you still have until October 2015 to do so! Then the 2nd annual 2015 MiracleShare virtual conference will begin, and I’m honored to be giving another presentation (followed by Q&A) again this year, when the theme will use ACIM’s workbook as it’s focus; details forthcoming; mark your calendar now for this enjoyable 3 day event, October 16-18, 2015.
- Yet another article revealing that science inevitably must deal with the ‘elephant in the room’ of mind: Quantum Entanglement Verified: Why Space Is Just The Construct That Gives The Illusion Of Separate Objects
- Check out recent CA Brooks interviews with Mike Mattheiss and Susan Dugan on her weekly 12Radio.com program about ACIM.
- If you haven’t already discovered the generous gold mine of ACIM resources at the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM) website, here are a few of my favorites, including the Online Learning Aids: the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – over 1300 insightful answers to specific questions, sorted by topic, or chronologically by date (well worth going through all of them exhaustively one or a few at a time), or accessible using a search function. There is also wonderful, profound material in the Lighthouse publications, YouTube video series, Excerpt series, Theory, Annotation and Glossary, plus the schedule of live events held at the FACIM facilities in Temecula, California, and the online bookstore – I’ve listed some of my favorites from Kenneth and Gloria Wapnick here.
- If you’re in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area, check out the new Ken Wapnick Memorial Lending Library at Rocky Mountain Miracle Center; lots of great CD sets, MP3s, DVDs, and movies from the Foundation for A Course In Miracles (FACIM); kudos to the staff of the School of Reason, Lyn Corona, Tim Wise, Jane Walling and others there for making these excellent resources available for loan… Much appreciated!
- D. Patrick Miller, whose Fearless Books imprint was the first publisher of Gary Renard‘s Disappearance of the Universe, has a new ACIM-related blog, matters of course: “an elevated realm of gossip for students of A Course in Miracles” 🙂
ACIM Resources, Events, Musings – your suggestions and contributions invited!
Please contact us to share anything would like to see here, suggestions for inclusion, improvements, etc. If you have anything ACIM-related that you’d like to share, please send (or send a link) for consideration. This site is (among other things) a venue for conversations, so I eagerly encourage and await more contributions from kindred students of our Shared Teacher of forgiveness and kindness. It’s fun to share our universal interests online; visit ACIMblog pages on FaceBook FaceBook (my personal FB page, which is frequently ACIM-related), Twitter and YouTube. If you aren’t already receiving this automatically in your email, you can subscribe here for free and get daily updates (of any posts made the prior day) via the “post updates by email” Subscribe button on every page. Eternal smilezenhugs to all! 🙂